September Favorites | 2015

8:14 AM

ft. Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt, Maybelline Brow Drama, Bare Minerals, Real Techniques Bold Metals, ELF, Doll 10, Revlon

Another month, another roundup of my monthly beauty favorites.

Saying goodbye to September is a little bittersweet for me. I'm almost sad to leave it behind because it's been such a good month for me, but October is full of my favorite things: pumpkins, horror movies and plaid shirts. And, let's be real, autumn makeup is pretty much the best.

This month I got adventurous-- for me, anyway-- and tried out a handful of new products. My absolute favorite out of the bunch was probably the Browdrama Pro Palette from Maybelline. You can see my full review of it here. It gives me full but natural-looking brows in no time and is super easy to use. A couple of my other favorite eye products this month have been the Revlon Photoready Kajal eyeliner in black and BareMinerals 5 in 1 eye primer in Barely Nude. Seriously, go out and get this eye primer. It helps mattify oily lids, keeps your eye makeup looking great all day and it looks great on it's own.

My favorite lip combo only included one actual lip product. I received the noyah Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose in my August ipsy bag and, while the natural pink looks great on it's own, I loved pairing it with-- get this-- the HydraGel blush in Flirt by Doll 10. When applied lightly with your finger, this product gives my lips a just-kissed look which makes them look fuller. And it's great for kind of a messy-chic look.

Two brushes and a powder have helped my makeup look flawless this month. Okay, maybe not flawless, but I don't look like a troll and these three things have helped. After I've applied foundation, I use the Real Techniques Bold Metals powder brush to apply MAC Studio Fix in NC30. This powder gives me a little extra coverage (goodbye redness!) and helps my makeup stay put all day. I find that after a few hours, my skin's oils mix with the powder and it gives me a nice glow. I use the ELF Blush Brush for contouring because it is the perfect shape and size to get into the natural contours of your face and blend the product out.

Last but absolutely not least is my Jo Malone fragrance in Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I purchased this last year and have been loving it ever since. For a while I stopped using it to try out some new products, but in the middle of summer it found it's way back into my every day routine. It is my perfect scent, earthy and woodsy and not at all florally or sweet.

What were you loving in the month of September? Are you looking forward to October?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM