Essential Advice for Young Girls | Thoughtful Thursday

8:20 AM


Usually a post like this would have advice from successful, famous women: Hilary Clinton, Beyonce, Michelle Obama. I am not any of those amazing, strong women. I do not run the world. I do not have rockin’ biceps of awesomeness. I do not have legions of supporters ready to vote for me in 2016— though that would be great because I would make a spectacular president, let’s be real.

All I’ve done is live for about twenty-six years. That’s not long, just a little over a quarter of a century. And I’ve only just figured out what I want to do with my life. I still live with my parents. My cat is probably my best friend. It’s hard for me to even update my blog consistently. I am not a shining example of success in the eyes of many people.

But what I am is happy. Content. Figuring it out. And I think that is pretty important.

It has taken me a while to get to this point. It takes some people a lot longer, and that’s okay. But here are a few things I’ve learned along the way that have helped me love life, love others, and love myself.


Surround yourself with loving, supportive women.
Don’t worry about what other people are doing. If you’re happy, that is what matters.
Listen to music you love. It will help.
Take care of your skin. And drink water.
Find an exercise you enjoy, and do it often.
Find a hobby you love, and do it often, too.
Be grateful.
Don’t let others treat you badly. Cut them out of your life if you have to.
You don’t have to be happy all of the time. Let yourself feel.
You don’t have to have it all figured out. Ever. Very few people do. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM