NYX High Voltage Lipstick Swatches

1:12 PM


NYX, one of my favorite drugstore brands, has come out with a new permanent line of lipsticks for spring called High Voltage Lipsticks. I'm a huge fan of of everything NYX-- especially their lip products-- so I took advantage of some Ulta sales and grabbed up eight of them! There are 22 shades in all, and each one that I have tried is pigmented, creamy and moisturizing.


The shades I picked up were, from left to right, 01-Sweet 16, 04-Pink Lady, 05-Flutter Kisses, 07-Beam, 14-Rags to Riches, 17-Playdate, 18-Free Spirit and 19-Tiara.


From left to right: Sweet 16, Pink Lady, Flutter Kisses, Beam, Rags to Riches, Playdate, Free Spirit and Tiara.

My favorites are probably the most unique of the bunch. Flutter Kisses is a lovely brown with a hint of pink that isn't too dark or too light. Playdate is the perfect lilac that reminds me of the lip color Cher Lloyd is wearing in her "Want U Back" music video. Free Spirit, my final favorite, is a gorgeous orange with just a touch of coral that will be perfect for summer.

The other shades are just as amazing, and swatches I've seen of other shades haven't been disappointing! Definitely pick up a bundle when you can get a good deal-- or even if you can't. They are that good.


I also picked up the NYX Wonderstick in the shade Universal. Unfortunately I wasn't as pleased with this product. The contour shade is a great color, but it is invisible once I blend it in. Layering the product makes it feel heavy on my skin. The highlight shade is shimmery, meaning I can only use it in certain spots and not for that Kardashian-esque highlight I was hoping for. I've heard that other shades are not shimmery-- I may have to check that out for myself.

What NYX products are your favorite? These High Voltage lipsticks are definitely near the top of my list!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM