ORIGINS | BRAND REVIEW

12:34 PM


Origins had a great deal on Cyber Monday-- yes, ages ago-- where you could purchase a set of their most popular skincare products in deluxe sample sizes for only $15 with free shipping and handling. I was in the car on my way back from visiting family when I learned of the deal and I rushed to make sure I bought it. I had used a couple of products from the brand before, such as the Clear Improvement and Drink Up masks, but had never really used their products in my regular routine. My skin has been acting up for the past few months and I have been dealing with acne-- something I never really experienced as a teen or young adult. My current skincare routine just hasn't been working for me anymore and I saw that as a great opportunity to try these new products out.

All of the products pictured were included in the set, as well as the Make a Difference hand treatment and Modern Friction dermabrasion scrub, and the set came with a small tote bag that I am currently using to house all of my sample and deluxe sample sized products. But what initially piqued my interest about the brand a few year ago was that they were touted as a simple and natural brand. I'll admit that I don't do all that I could for the environment, but I do like to make changes where I can. Origins says they use the 'power of plants' in their skincare and have a commitment to nature and the environment, and they use renewable sources from sustainable regions.

I love that about the brand. It makes me confident in purchasing from them. Something else I love about their products-- and this is completely superficial-- are the smells. The Ginzing line and the Night-A-Mins cream have a citrusy orange smell which is really refreshing and calming. I'm not usually a fan of that scent, especially in my skincare, but for some reason it just seems perfect as I'm applying the products. The Checks and Balances face wash has a peppermint scent and, just like the description says, it does foam up as you use it. A little definitely goes a long way.

I think all of these products are great for a multitude of skin types. I have combination skins-- some spots get oily, some get dry, and some are relatively normal-- and all parts of my face feel great after using them. The face wash takes care of the oil without drying out what is already dry and the moisturizers leave my dry areas feeling plump and moisturized without leaving the rest of my face feeling greasy.

I can't say that the products have diminished my acne any; however, I think that my acne is being caused by some changes my body is going through and not by any products I am using. I think that if you have acne that is caused by an over production of oil, this will definitely help. The moisturizers are great and I don't think they are irritating my acne. And the products don't irritate my rosacea-- in fact, my skin seems less red and angry after I've used them.

If strong smells-- especially citrus scents-- aren't your thing, then I would say to stay away.  Otherwise, I would recommend Origins to just about anyone.

Have you tried Origins? Do you have a favorite product?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM