REVLON ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE MASCARA REVIEW

7:04 AM


After being pleasantly surprised by my first Target Beauty Box in December, I was thrilled when they offered two this month. Both were filled with plenty of goodies, but one I was especially excited to try out was the Revlon Ultimate All-In-One mascara. Revlon claims that this mascara will give your lashes five benefits: volume, length, definition, lift and intense color. But what is really different about this mascara is it's wand.


The wand is ridiculously tiny. So tiny that, when I first opened the mascara, I thought something was wrong with it. I've compared it to the size of the wand in my Smashbox Full Exposure mascara-- and that is a travel-sized product. I've tried it a couple of times and, so far, I have mixed feelings. The wand itself is surprisingly great. The size allows you to really get to those lashes in the inner corners of the eyes and I would say it definitely does add length, lift and intense color.

Forgive the quality of these images... And my eyebrows. Eek.
But the formula is... so-so. It it really thick and wet as you apply it which, paired with the small wand, can make clumping an issue. It also takes ages to dry; glasses wearers will want to wait at least a few minutes before putting their glasses on after applying. But my least favorite thing is the flaking. I've never had a non-fibrous mascara flake so noticeably. In just a few hours, I had little black specks dotting my cheeks and dirtying up my glasses.

Overall, I like the effect that this mascara gives my lashes. The smaller wand takes some getting used to, but is actually a really useful design change. I think the possible clumping is just an issue of getting used to the formula and the wand, but the flaking is less than desirable. This is a decent drugstore mascara-- not the best, but certainly not the worst-- and, for less than $6 bucks, it is worth trying.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM