Target Beauty Box: Worth It?

10:15 AM


The latest Target Beauty Box went on sale the weekend after Thanksgiving in the early morning hours. I happened to snatch one up thanks to the lovely Nouveau Cheap posting about the deal on her Instagram-- usually I'm uninterested or they sell out before I have a chance to buy. 

I really like the idea of Target's beauty box. You get to see what is going to be inside the box before you buy and you don't have to commit yourself to a monthly subscription like most beauty box programs. And the fact that I knew what was going to be in my box didn't lessen my excitement when it arrived yesterday. I was anxious to open it up and see if it was worth the $10-- yes, only ten dollars-- I paid for it.


Spoiler Alert: It is absolutely worth the ten dollars. The box is full of full-sized products and deluxe samples-- and good ones. There are four full-sized products in the box: an eyeshadow trio from Pacifica, a new Falsies Push Up Drama mascara, a new limited edition Covergirl Star Wars lipstick, and an Olay Regenerist moisturizer. The Olay moisturizer on it's own is $9.99, as does the Pacifica eyeshadow trio. Just those two products make this box a great deal, but the mascara and lipstick (at $7.49 and $5.99 each) make it an absolute steal. Like, an actual steal.

The Goody hair ties may also be full-sized, but they aren't listed with the other Beauty Box products on Target's website so I'm not sure. They are called 'sweat stretch elastics' and are made from a different material than most hair ties. I don't know that they will be able to hold my very thick mane, but they did help me create a nice messy bun last night. And y'all know how much I love my dry shampoo, so I was excited to see a travel sized Hair Food dry shampoo in the box. The kiwi scent is nice, but we'll see how well the scent mixes with dirty hair.

The other two products are skincare items. The CeraVe Eye Repair Cream is the smallest in the box, but is still a good size for trying out. The Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream, however, was what sealed the deal for me when I purchased this box. Laneige is a higher-end line that Target starting carrying earlier this year and I've heard their products are perfect for dry skin like mine. We'll see.

Overall, this is a great buy for just ten dollars. I would recommend looking into them when they are available-- but do it fast, because they sell out quick. Target Beauty Boxes in the past have had different price points and different retail values, so be aware of that as well.

Have you purchased a Target Beauty Box in the past? Did you buy this one? What are your thoughts?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM