GOLDEN GLOBES FASHION & BEAUTY ROUNDUP

7:30 AM



I am not a fashionista. I generally wear the same thing every day: a t-shirt or sweater, black jeggings and motorcycle boots. And, right now, my life doesn't really include events where it would be appropriate to wear a proper gown or fancy dress. That is why I love awards season: I live vicariously through these actresses. In my mind, I get to wear what they wear-- and inaccurately imagine that I could look anywhere near half as good.

The Golden Globes were a mixed bag for me. There were some dresses that I wanted to love but really didn't. There were a few dresses that I was totally and utterly disappointed with. But there were others that were so stunning, I internally cheered for the women who chose them. Good job, you, I wanted to say to them.

Here are the fashions I loved from Sunday's award show-- and, of course, some beauty looks, too.

Getty Images / Getty Images / Vanity Fair
My top three looks from the evening belonged to Jenna Dewan Tatum, Olivia Wilde and Zendaya, who wore a couple of the top trends I noticed on the red carpet. All three wore rich jewel tones, a trend I also spotted on Gina Rodriguez, Kate Winslet and Julianne Moore. Zendaya's dress had a gorgeous lace detail, as did Julia Louis-Dreyfus' dress. Other trends that I loved included simple, white gowns (Taraji P. Henson, Laverne Cox and Saoirse Ronan) and pockets! It was so refreshing to see dresses with pockets on the red carpet!


But women weren't the only ones rocking some great looks this year. David Oyelowo sported one of the more daring suits-- a purple, checkered three-piece-- while Eddie Redmayne was a little more subtle with his blink-and-you'll-miss-them polka dotted jacket. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson jazzed things up with a burgundy velvet jacket as he walked the red carpet with his daughter, Simone.

Side note: For most of my adolescence, I was obsessed with The Rock. Like, way before it was cool hipster status. His daughter was born on my birthday and, at the time, it was the best birthday gift ever.


Two makeup looks were particularly popular Sunday night: A smokey eye paired with natural lips and a soft but dark gothic look. And I love them both. The three ladies pictured above were really rocking these looks. I especially love Alicia Vikander's makeup, which is not only highlighting how naturally beautiful she is, but would be incredibly easy to recreate at home.

The Grammy and Oscar Awards are right around the corner and I'm looking forward to them both-- especially the Grammys, where anything goes. Which looks did you love? Did you see any beauty looks that you think will be popular this spring?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM