SURPRISING DRUGSTORE FINDS

6:00 AM


Drugstore makeup tends to get a bad rap. While we are all usually excited for the spring and fall product releases, they don't often make our favorites list. But drugstore makeup has come a long way since I first started wearing it all the way back in 7th grade. Some drugstore finds are even staples of my everyday makeup routine-- and I'm always on the search for the perfect drugstore foundation. Don't get me wrong, I still love my high end beauty products, but here are a few from the drugstore that have reached Holy Grail status in my life.

1. ELF Eyeshadow Palettes. A few years ago, ELF eyeshadows would not have made my list. They were chalky and barely pigmented and definitely not worth even the few dollars they cost. But that has changed big time. The last few palettes I have bought from ELF have been creamy, pigmented, and blendable. Plus the color selection is great, with a nice mix of neutrals and jewel toned shades as well as a few bright pops of color. And you can't beat the price: most of their larger palettes run between $5-$15.

2. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer & Stay Matte Foundation. Having dry skin, I don't usually reach for the Stay Matte foundation. But when I look back at pictures from when I do wear it, I think damn! It makes my skin look so smooth and flawless, I could cry tears of joy. The Wake Me Up concealer is part of my everyday routine. I use it under my eyes and on blemishes and dark spots. It brightens and highlights the under eye area but covers my spots without bringing unwanted attention to them. It's really disappointing Rimmel never released the Wake Me Up foundation in the States, because then I might have found my perfectly priced foundation match.

3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Pencil. This is one of those trends that hit high-end stores first and was then duped in the drugstores. And these Rimmel pencils are right up there with the ones by Urban Decay and Sephora, for a much cheaper cost. There isn't as wide of a color selection, but they do have a variety of shades from bold blue to a neutral taupe to a glimmering gold.

4. NYX Lip Products. Well, NYX anything if I'm being honest. NYX is pretty much the MAC of the drugstore makeup world. They do a little bit of everything and they do it well. From eyeshadows to face primers to blushes to (especially) their lip products, you could buy every makeup staple from this line and look flawless. (In fact, I need to try out more of their face products and soon.) See swatches from NYX's High Voltage lipstick range here.

5. Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette. Again, this is one of those trends that hit stores like Sephora before appearing in the drugstores. But I would actually say this product is better than some of the higher-end alternatives. The packaging is cute and sleek, and the product itself is fantastic. It's another one of my daily staples-- and you can read my full review of it here.

What are some of your favorite drugstore finds? Any dupes you want to share?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM