THE SUN WILL COME OUT | LIFE LATELY

12:32 PM


Whew! After a week of being snowed in, I've finally been out of the house. You would think that being snowed in would give me that push to get shit done. What it actually made me do was sleep and eat more than any human being should.

But it also gave me the time to get some reading done, which was great since I have recently joined a bookclub. For January we read The Screwtape Letters, which is a Christian satire by C.S. Lewis. It was very well-written (of course) and I would recommend it to anyone, whether they are a Christian or not, because the writing was so good and it is near genius that Lewis created such an interesting world through only the letters of one character. Also, it has some bits in it that are relatable to humanity as a whole. It will make you think, and that is what a good book should do from time to time. There is also an audiobook version narrated by John Cleese-- if you find it hard to read, he will help.

It's 60 degrees today, but we still have half a foot of snow on the ground.
Like I was saying, I've finally made it out of the house. On Friday, Candice and I had a meeting with a potential client and spent the afternoon getting things ready for our bookclub meeting. Our friend Rose made the most delicious brownies I've ever eaten. Saturday was a shopping day. I picked up a Bowie album and the new Rolling Stone magazine with him on the cover and bought a few things from Ulta.

I went in to pick up the new cushion foundations from Physician's Formula and L'Oreal. They didn't have them... So naturally I bought things I didn't need anyway. To be fair, I've been eyeing the two Maybelline lipsticks since I saw them in a HeyClaire video.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one. I'm going to have to find that motivation from deep within, but with weather currently in the 60s, I might be able to manage.

How has your week been? East Coasters, have you dug out from the snowstorm yet?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM