LANEIGE CUSHION FOUNDATION REVIEW

6:00 AM


In last month's Target Beauty Box I received a sample of Laneige's BB Cushion Foundation. While cushion foundations have been a big hit overseas for quite some time, they have only recently started to hit the shelves here in America-- especially in the drugstores. Laneige was among the first to bring the trend to the drugstore (though the prices are anything but) and I was pretty excited to give this one a try.


The samples were small but provided enough product for one good application-- in fact, there may have been enough product for multiple applications, but the packaging of the samples only allowed for one as there was no way to close it up and prevent the cushion from drying out. There are four shades: light, medium, medium dark and dark, but only the first three were provided in the sample. I tried out the lightest shade because I'm hella pale and white enough that I use words like hella unironically. A mini version of their antimicrobial puff was also provided:


But, seriously, it was just a little bigger than a quarter. A perfect fit for the samples, but not such a great fit for an entire face. I did try using it but it made applying very difficult so I switched to my Beauty Blender real fast. The regular size of this puff would work well enough, I suppose, but it wouldn't be my preferred method of application.

And here is my before, during and after:


As you can see from the before picture, not only do I have rosacea to contend with, but I've also been dealing with some massive breakouts. Yeah, for nearly the first time in my life, at 26. Fun.

One layer did do a surprisingly good job of evening out my skin tone and reducing the redness of my blemishes. I would say it falls between a light and a medium coverage, but it didn't build very well. I tried a second layer and it looked exactly the same as before. Also, the foundation has a very strong scent. It isn't a bad scent but it aggravated my rosacea-- definitely not the calming effect the foundation claims to have on skin. So it made my skin even more red, which also made it harder to cover. The final photo is my full face of makeup-- finished off with some Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer ad the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette.

I would give this foundation an average C. If you don't have sensitive skin or blemishes, this will do a great job of evening out your skin tone. But if you do suffer from redness or acne, this will not cover it. And if you are not a fan of scented foundation, you will probably want to skip this one. At a $34 price point, it's certainly not cheap, so keep that in mind as well.

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts? Do you like the cushion foundation trend?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM