MY SWEAT-PROOF MAKEUP ROUTINE

12:19 PM


Is it hot where you are? It's been pretty warm here all summer, with temperatures staying in the 90º range since mid-July. And the West Virginia humidity has always been the stuff of nightmares. Just walking outside for a minute can make a person start to sweat, and don't even get me started on my outdoor workouts.

One good thing has come out of this uncomfortable weather: I have perfected my sweat-proof makeup routine. And I didn't even do it on purpose. I'm pretty insecure about my skin–rosacea and acne will do that to you–and I always wear face makeup when I work out. I'm also an avid Snapchatter and selfie-taker, so of course I take the occasional snapshot of myself post-workout.

Last month, after a particularly grueling workout in 93º weather, I took a couple of pictures and realized my makeup had not budged. Not a bit. Underneath my makeup, I was sure I looked like a human tomato, but no one would have been able to tell that. My mom, who was my workout partner that day, even noticed. I was amazed.

So I'm sharing my routine with you.

I start out by applying the elf Face Primer with my fingers, patting it into place where my pores are particularly noticeable. Then I take one pump of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation and apply it with a Real Techniques buffing brush, pressing the product onto areas that need a bit more coverage. If I need a little extra coverage, like when my acne is flaring up, I will use another half of a pump on the areas that need it. I finish with MAC Studio Fix powder foundation, using a fluffy brush to press the powder on.

When I'm going somewhere after my workout, I will add some contour using the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette and line my eyes with the Flower Forever Wear eyeliner. Sometimes I will use MAC Fix+ to set the look, but it does just as well without it.

You want proof? Take a look.


This picture was taken at 1:29 PM on a 90º day. I had applied my makeup that morning at 7 AM. That is six and a half hours of wear during which I worked out, went shopping, and worked out again.

I also have a cheaper version of this look that I will be talking about soon, so stay tuned.

How do you make your makeup last all day in the heat? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM