5 HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR BLOGGERS, ENTREPRENEURS AND FREELANCERS

6:00 AM


When I started blogging back in 2012, I was completely green to the process. My images and graphics were shit, I never backed up my files, and I couldn't keep track of everything I needed to do. When I began freelancing as a social media & branding consultant, I had to get my shit together and I couldn't do it on my own. Now, as an entrepreneur, I especially understand how important it is to find useful apps and resources that help you stay on top of your game. Luckily, I happen to have discovered a few along the way that I want to share with any other struggling boss ladies out there.

Asana. Calendar? Check. To-do list? Check. Teamwork? Sure. Asana is a project tracker that is perfect for teams and individuals. Put in what you need to accomplish and when you need to accomplish it, plus add subtasks that you need to complete on your way to reaching your goal. If you are part of a business or group, add your coworkers and assign tasks to them to help them keep track of your project. Create different projects for separate clients and keep track of your own private to-do list. And you can view everything in a personalized monthly calendar.

My business partner and I use this to keep track of all of our different clients and what we have to do for each of them. If I think of something she needs to do, I can add the task and assign it to her and she is informed by email and push notification on her phone. And when you mark a task as completed, you are sometimes rewarded with the most adorable animals flying across your screen. The company preaches mindfulness and balance, which only make me love it more.

Canva. This is a new find for me, but one that I have already fallen in love with. I recently had a client ask me for an easy-to-understand explanation of the insights for their Facebook page. A big block of text would have been overwhelming, so I decided to put the information into a simple infographic. I'm no graphic designer, so I hopped over to Google in hopes of finding a free infographic creator and found Canva. They have tons of free customizable infographic templates as well as templates for Pinterest, quote and blog graphics. The templates are easy to use and make your own and, if you don't like the free templates, you can purchase others for as low as $1. 

Pixabay. Maybe your graphic design ability is on point but you aren't very good at photography. Or maybe, like me, you just don't have the space to take quality photographs for your blog or website. No worries! Pixabay is your new best friend. All of the photographs on Pixabay are free to use under the Creative Commons CC0 License, meaning you can modify them or use them on your blog with no royalty fees. You can even find illustrations and other graphics that you can incorporate into your own designs. It's especially perfect for the blogging newbie.

Typeform. Looking to find out more about your audience? Have a client who wants to create a customer satisfaction survey? Don't use a boring old form. Keep your surveys looking sleek and interesting by using Typeform. Typeform surveys are eye-catching, easy to create and simple to use. Plus, Typeform surveys look great on all devices. Incorporate different types of questions, from multiple choice to short answer. Results come in two forms: results, where you can see each and every answer given, and reports, where you can see the top answers for each question. Premium is definitely pricey, but the free version gives you adequate customization for most survey needs.

Google Drive. If you aren't already backing up your most important documents and images in the Drive, you should start now. Not only can you save your personal data, you can also save things to shared folders, meaning they go directly to your business partner or client without having to send email after email.

Recently, my hard drive crashed and I thought I had lost everything. Luckily, I had backed up all of my work files into my Drive and was able to access them through my new computer. It was a small blessing, honestly.

Hopefully these resources will help you on your blogging or career journeys – or both! What are some of your most loved resources? Tell me in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM