the december edit.

9:18 AM


This month, most of the music I have been listening to was inspired by a Southern Illinois radio station, 89.1 The Bash. I was in Illinois for Thanksgiving and I didn't want to use up all my data streaming from Spotify, so I went old school. I listened to the actual radio. And, to my surprise, there was a station run by college kids that played indie rock and some old grunge hits. It was seriously amazing and I really rediscovered my love for music that doesn't make it to the Top 40.

Earlier in November, I was really into slowed down, folky versions of popular songs. The Gardiner Sisters are, like, perfect for this. If you listen to no other song on my playlist, listen to their mash up of Drag Me Down and As Long As You Love Me. Another song I've been loving that is a little more Top 40-style pop is Here by Alessia Cara. It's just this great song with a great message and interesting lyrics that kind of say it's alright to be you, to be interested in what you're interested in, and to be unapologetic about it. And I am so hyped that there are songs like this out there for teenage girls now.

So, here's what I listened to in November and it's what I'm starting off December with.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM