What I Loved in 2015

11:13 AM


I'll be honest. This was the year I fell out of love with makeup. Makeup just wasn't bringing anything new to the table and skincare was lookin' all fine and clean and pretty... I just had to switch it up. Same with my hair care; it was like my side chick or something. I'd forget about her for a while but when I remembered to go back to her, she'd treat me well. Now, I'm totally against the idea of side chicks in real life, but when it comes to beauty I think it's acceptable.

So that explains why the makeup products I loved in 2015 were mostly old favorites or new versions of old favorites. My MUFE Ultra HD foundation has been my trusted friend for most of the year, always covering my red cheeks but leaving my skin looking natural. My Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes give my face a little bit of color and glow while not making me look like a clown. Rimmel's Smoke N' Shine eyeliner and my Smashbox Full Exposure mascara really help me define my eyes-- and they both stay put most of the day without any smudging or raccoon eyes going on.

My tried and true favorite brushes are amazing and affordable: Real Techniques and ELF. I was already a fan of Real Technique's powder brushes-- the fluffy orange one pictured is great for setting makeup or applying powder foundation-- but I recently received some of their eye brushes and they are all honestly perfect for what they do. My two favorites are the base shadow and smudge brushes; the smudge brush helps me put some color below my lower lash line without it going too low. As for the ELF brushes, always go for the black-handled Studio line! They are soft, they don't shed, and they are usually only $3 or $6. My most used are the powder brush (which is great for foundation and patting in large areas of concealer), the blush brush, and the contour brush.

Some of the little odds and ends I've love are my Nails Inc. Gel Effects nail polishes. They make your nails feel strong and they last a decently long time. Plus they just have some really gorgeous colors. My Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt perfume might by my absolute, 100% total favorite of the year, though. It's just this perfect earthy, woodsy, natural smell that I never get tired of-- which is good, because it's a little pricey.

My hair care side chicks this year have been Moroccan Oil and Bumble and Bumble's Don't Blow It creme. I use the Moroccan Oil when I want to tame frizz and have a sleeker, smoother look, and the Don't Blow It creme when I want to show off my natural waves. Sometimes I even get a little naughty and use both, but that does tend to leave me looking a little oily by the end of the day.

Last but not least are my skincare loves. I still love all of the products I featured in my skincare routine post from a few months back. But the stars of that regime were definitely Sunday Riley's Good Genes and Luna Night Oil. My skin had looked more brilliant and glowy than ever before when I was using these two nightly. Unfortunately, I ran out of Luna a while back and haven't been able to push myself into actually purchasing it-- the $105 price tag is a little scary.

And for those nights when I'm so tired I don't think I'll be able to make it through my skincare regime, I use-- wait for it-- Walmart brand makeup remover wipes. I have tried so many types of makeup wipes, from Simple to Neutrogena to Say Yes To..., and these are by far the best. The packaging is great, with a locking lid to keep your wipes from drying out, and boy are they saturated with product. They aren't too harsh on my skin and don't have much of a smell to them. Plus you can get, like, two packages of thirty or so (if not more) for less than six bucks.

What beauty products were you loving in 2015? Were there any surprising products you tried?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM