A Very Special Thoughtful Thursday...

8:11 AM




Just when you think you're getting back on top of things... Life happens.

Or, at least, that is what happened to me a few weeks ago. After taking a short break from my blog, I was ready to get back to a set schedule of creating and publishing content. On the side, I was working on my hand lettering-- something I'm thinking about doing as a side job in the near future. Like, I felt like I was really getting my shit together and working in a forward direction.

And then we got one of those phone calls that no one ever expects or wants to get. My grandmother had passed away. I don't want to go into a lot of detail about it because this is my blog, not something any of my family agreed to be a part of, and so I don't want to invade their privacy by talking about something so sensitive. But it hit me pretty hard and every time I have tried to write a post or take some pictures for the blog, I just haven't been able to.

But the new moon was last night and, thanks to it, I feel like I'm ready to pick myself back up and dust off. I think I'll be taking things a bit lighter for a while-- I'm not going to stress myself out about when or what I post. While I care about those of you who read this-- and I really do-- this is also my space, and I hope that whatever I fill this space with will be something you are interested in. But in the past few weeks, my priorities have shifted. And I don't mean this blog versus other things, but more that my life priorities and they way I see things has changed and I want this blog to reflect that.

I know, I know... I make these sorts of posts quite often. I go this way with my blog and then I go that way with it. But, hey, I'm just being honest with all of you. Sometimes it's a pull to be a more conventional blogger that makes those posts happen, but this one is coming from a place of pure authenticity.

On a (much) lighter note, the Sephora VIB Sale starts tomorrow so don't think this blog still won't have some beauty posts. And soon because, oh my gosh, I just remembered I have Flash shipping so whatever I buy should be here Monday-ish? When life gets tough, I get shopping. It's what I do. And also why my bank account cries itself to imaginary sleep at night.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM