5 Boots You Need This Autumn | Fashion Friday

9:23 AM


This is, like, my fifth time writing this post. Fingers crossed, it will save and be published and not disappear like the last four times.

Y'all know I love fall. I like the pretty leaves and the crisp weather and the hella cute outfits... But what I really love about fall are the boots. I have loved boots for as long as I can remember. I was stomping around in platform boots (a la the Spice Girls) in the fourth grade, towering over my classmates who just didn't get it. Seriously, those things had about a 3-inch sole. And they were amazing.

I've toned down my taste a little since then, but my love for boots has never been stronger. So here are five pairs of boots that you need for autumn. Okay, I guess you don't absolutely need all five styles... But, let's be real, you'll want them in your life.

The first style is a total throwback to my fourth-grade self. Platform combat boots have made a slight comeback, thanks to this wave of nineties nostalgia we're experiencing. Seriously, imagine those boots with a black, floral print dress and a choker necklace.

But if you're looking for something a little more now, some little ankle booties are the way to go. They look good with literally anything and are available at just about any price point. You can get them in different materials and colors... I love burgundy and emerald green for fall, but you can wear black booties all of the time. I don't think you can go wrong with these boots.

Riding boots are another favorite of mine. They can really make a casual outfit look more finished. But, more than that, they keep your legs safe from those autumn puddles that always splash up and soak the hems of your pants. So you can totally justify purchasing a pair of these as useful and stylish.

Let me tell you a story about this next style. A few years ago, I bought a pair of motorcycle boots from Hot Topic on clearance for $17. They were beautiful and perfect and I wore them with everything. About a year ago, the sole started falling off. I even taped those suckers up and wore them after that, because I loved them so much. Eventually there was no saving them and I had to throw them away. It was a very sad moment in my life. So, in memory of my amazing boots (may they rest in peace... or pieces), you need to buy a pair of these.

Last, but not least, is another nineties throwback. Combat boots. See, part of the reason I love boots is because you can wear them with anything... I especially love wearing boots with daintier clothes to give them an edge. And these boots will do just that. They are so popular at the moment, too, so you can find them for any price range and in various colors and styles.

What boots will you be rocking this autumn? Or do you wear these babies year-round, like me?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM