My Cat, the Model

7:47 PM



Allow me to introduce you to my precious little fur baby, LuLu Mae. While she was originally named after the always classy and sophisticated Audrey Hepburn-- her character in Breakfast at Tiffanys was named LuLu Mae before she changed her name to Holly Golightly-- she now goes by some, er, less than classy nicknames: Fluffy Butt, Stinky, and Fluffers to name a few. I guess that last one isn't so bad.



When I finished my first year at university, my previous cat Whiskers succumbed to old age. She had been my best friend since she wondered up to my family's mailbox when I was only four years old. Some say it isn't the best idea to get another pet so soon after the loss of one, but I missed the jingle of her little collar bell and just the love I always received from Whiskers, so two weeks after she passed I took a trip to the local animal shelter.


I went in with the intention of adopting an older cat (something I strongly recommend for many reasons) but the kittens are the first stop in the shelter and I had to stop in and take a look. That is when I saw this little dearie, sitting shyly in a little ball surrounded by her three very hyper brothers. Oh, my family and I thought, she seems like such a calm kitty. And she reminded us of our Whiskers, which of course stole our hearts. We adopted her instantly.


We believe she is part Norwegian Forest cat and we know she is 99% fur. Little Fluff was one of my first models when I got my new camera, and I'm sure she'll continue to be one of my best. Welieve she is part Norwegian Forest cat and we know she is 99% fur.

Likes: Food, knocking things off countertops, staring at birds, lounging.

Dislikes: Vacuum cleaners, loud cars, thunderstorms.

Tell me about your pets! LuLu is the only pet I have, but I take care of strays, birds, and squirrels in the area-- hey, what can I say? I love animals, even the non-pet kinds.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Absolutely, your blog is beautiful!

      x Bianca

      Delete
  2. We used to have a couple of cats but my mum is allergic! When I get my own place a cat is on the wish list!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big dog is on my wish list-- like a St. Bernard! Honestly, I would be happy with a farm if I didn't love cities so much, haha.

      x Bianca

      Delete
  3. this is a wonderful post :)

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so cute. I don't own any pets since I live in a flat. Great photos.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM