MAKEUP MONDAY | IPSY July 2014

10:38 AM


After doing away with beauty subscription services for quite a while, I decided that I would hop back on the Ipsy train. For those who don't know, Ipsy is a subscription service where, for $10 a month, you receive a makeup bag full of 4-5 deluxe samples or full-sized beauty products. It's a great way to try out new products and build up your collection.

There are a few variations on the bag that gets sent out each month, but they all follow one theme: Sensationally Sunkissed. Here is what I received in my bag:

bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow: I was initially disappointed with this product-- it is quite a small sample and is the darkest shade they have. However, it doesn't take much product to achieve great results and, if you work quickly, the dark color can be sheered out to give a nice appearance on the lids. It can also be applied very opaque without much product, which does make me want to try out on closer to my own skin tone. You can get free shipping on any bareMinerals purchase at ULTA.com by entering IPSYBAREFS at checkout through 08/10.

Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08: This is a product I was initially disappointed in and stayed disappointed in. I'm just not a fan of tanning oils, as I think there are much safer ways to acquire a tan. Take 25% off of one Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08 at hangtensunscreen.com by entering IPSYtan at checkout through 08/31.

Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty in Pink: Another quite small sample, but a little goes a long way. This a bright pink and it only takes one swipe to get a bold payoff. Very moisturizing, as well. Take 25% off of your order at pixibeauty.com by using the code flawlesspixi at checkout through 08/31.

POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer: I'm a fan of matte bronzers, and this one is quite shimmery. Add another one to the "meh" pile. But after swatching it I noticed that, although it wasn't a very pigmented bronzer, it had a lovely golden glow to it. I think it will make a lovely highlight for those days I want a beachy glow. Receive 25% off of your purchase at popbeauty.co.uk by entering the code POPIPSY at checkout through 08/31.

HealthySexyHair Soy Renewal Beach Spray: I was already a huge fan of this brand before I was sent this product. Their Soy Renewal Oil is an absolute dream that I would recommend to anyone with thick hair and their hairspray keeps your hair looking good-- and still soft-- all day. So I had high hopes for this product-- and I wasn't disappointed. It is another product that will definitely give you that beachy goddess look without making your hair too dry or damaged. Text IPSTER to 33233 and provide your e-mail address to receive 25% off of your purchase at sexyhair.com through 08/31.

Overall I wasn't thrilled with this bag, but I was pleased enough to stick with it for another month. If you're interested in giving Ipsy a go, you can sign up here!

What summer products are you go-to's?

This post contains a referral link for Ipsy. Offers provided with Ipsy products are only valid in the US.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM