SOUL GOALS | OCTOBER EDITION

7:48 AM


I can't believe it is already autumn. By the time summer is over, I'm ready for the crisp, cool air of fall––until it hits. Then I'm begging for a few more days of summer. It has been pretty nice wearing my baggy sweaters and motorcycle boots, though, and my coffee habit has definitely tripled since it cooled down. This year has absolutely flown by––we're basically in the home stretch now and, so far, this year hasn't been too bad. Now, to set some goals that will keep the trend continuing.

What are Soul Goals?

I sit down at the beginning of each month–– or, at least, I try to–– and write out three goals that I have for the month ahead that I think will enrich my life and make me a better, happier person. Interested in coming up with your own Soul Goals? They can be simple or crazy ambitious goals. The important part is assessing what needs to change in your own life and figuring out what direction you want to go in. We're just taking it month by month, day by day, minute by minute here.


My Previous Soul Goals Recap


My first goal was to drink 120 oz. of water every day, which I did for a good part of the month. As the weather got cooler, though, my nightly waters turned into nightly coffees and I wasn't hitting my goal. I did hit my next goal of reading three books: Women Who Run With the Wolves; Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.; and Bad Feminist. If I keep this up, I have a shot of reaching my annual reading goal of 26 books. My final goal was to sell some stuff, which I didn't do a lot of. I did sell my television, though, which was kind of a big deal for me. It made me a decent amount of money, but the bigger victory was ridding myself of something I didn't need. My room feels so much calmer now that the television is gone. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

My Soul Goals for October

1. Get rid of old items that no longer serve me. This one kind of goes hand-in-hand with last month's goal of selling stuff. I want to continue on that journey by selling what can be sold, donating what can't, and getting rid of the rest. I'm twenty-seven... How have I accumulated so much stuff? It's time to start taking a more mindful approach to what I bring into my life.

2. Experience more locally. I'll admit, I can be kind of a hermit. It's not that I don't enjoy local events, I just don't enjoy big crowds and (usually) rude people. It's overwhelming, so I tend to avoid those kinds of things. My dad just retired, though, and he's trying to reacclimate to society. Part of that is enjoying what my city has to offer and I'm going to try to help him out. In fact, I think I'm going to a car show this weekend. That should be interesting.

3. Master a regular sleep schedule. I've tried before, and I've failed, but now that iOS 10 has added a Bedtime feature I'm hoping I can start falling asleep and waking up at a decent time. Working from home, my sleep schedule can be a little erratic. When I wake up later than I feel I should, it makes me feel like I've wasted the day and I feel less productive. I may add in a short meditation, too, in order to really start my day on the right foot.

If I actually accomplish my second goal, I will be sure to feature some of my outings on the blog.

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM