ELF Cream Eyeshadows

5:11 PM



I don't know if you guys have been able to tell... But I love ELF products. It can be hit or miss with their stuff as some of it is extremely low quality, but there are several products in their Studio line that are amazing! So when I saw these cream eyeshadows at my local Target, I knew I needed to try them. I picked up three colors: Dawn, Candlelight, and Bronzed. I think there is a fourth color, but they were out of it at the time. I'll probably pick it up eventually. But if you want to hear my thoughts on these products, keep reading!



This is Dawn. It is a nice shimmery taupe color-- but not too shimmery. It has a nice sheen to it but is not metallic and doesn't have large chunks of glitter in it. In fact, this finish is probably my favorite of all eyeshadows (except for maybe matte... I'm undecided!). It applies smoothly and is decently pigmented, but you might need a couple of layers to really make it pop.



This next color is Candlelight and I honestly picked it up because I thought I could use it not only as an eyeshadow but as a highlight on my cheekbone. While it can be used for that, I would not recommend it unless you can find some miraculous way to work with it. It leaves a nice highlight on the eyes, but on the face I can detect chunks of glitter and if you don't use an extremely light hand I find that it does not apply smoothly at all. For the swatch above I had to really blend it out to get rid of the streakiness (which my browser tells me is not a word, but you all know what I mean!). Once it is blended, as you can tell, it does look quite pretty. It can just be a pain to work with.



This is my favorite of the three, Bronzed. It is super pigmented and applies smoothly. The color isn't outright bronze; it has more of a dark brown undertone in it that I think makes it a bit more wearable. I love blending this across my lid and into my crease as a simple, everyday look. And it can definitely be used in a Keira Knightley look-- we all know how she loves her bronze colors.

Pros:
  • All of the shades are gorgeous, wearable colors.
  • They last for several hours and do not crease.
  • Only $3!!!
Cons:
  • Candelight is difficult to work with.
  • Sometimes you will need to add a layer.
  • If too much is used, creasing can happen. 
Overall:
 I would definitely recommend that you give these a try! Overall they are amazing products with only a few flaws-- and those flaws can be worked with if you have just a little extra time. For most of the shades, however, just sweep it on and do the tiniest bit of blending and you are good to go! Honestly, I love these and I hope they come out with more shades soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM