Battle of the Drugstore Pigments!

10:04 AM


I have to admit, I have never hopped on the pigments train. Whether it was high-end or drugstore, I always felt that they were too messy and I couldn't bother with them. But I had heard so many rave reviews of the L'Oreal pressed pigments that I was intrigued-- and when the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments came out, I decided why not do a little comparison?

Sultry Smoke: dry swatch (top), wet swatch (bottom)
The color I bought in the L'Oreal range was Sultry Smoke-- a gray color with blue undertones.And I love it! The product itself is so smooth and easy to apply and blend. I love that it comes with something the press the pigment into a regular-ish eyeshadow-- it keeps the mess at bay. The color itself is gorgeous. Paired with a gray or black eyeliner, it makes the perfect daytime smokey eye.

Downtown Brown: dry swatch (top), wet swatch (bottom)
When I started to see swatches pop up for Downtown Brown, I knew I had to get this color. I thought it looked like a pretty good dupe for MAC's Romp, which is a gorgeous color. And it is a dupe-- if you apply it correctly. This pigment seems to have a lot more fallout than the L'Oreal pigment I tried, though that could be because it lacked the shimmer that this one has. When applied dry it has decent color payoff, but nothing I'm impressed with. But when you apply it wet, it is amazing! And, by the way, this color is perfect if you are wanting to try out a Mila Kunis-type of look.

Okay. So this battle doesn't really have a winner. Both products are pretty awesome and if you were interested in picking one up, I'd say go for it.

Have you tried either of these products? What is your favorite pigment out there?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM