Treat Yourself | What I Bought Myself For Christmas

12:37 PM


Thanks to some Christmas money from my parents and my grandparents-- as well a little bit of extra money I'd had stashed away-- I was able to indulge a little after the holidays and purchase a few goodies that I had been lusting after for a while. The most exciting purchase was the Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC bag, which I had been wanting for absolutely ages. Every year for Christmas I buy my mom a designer handbag and yet, when it comes to me, I've never been able to spend more than around $30 on one. Since the bag I bad been carrying around is about two or three years old, I decided to take the plunge and buy this gorgeous black cherry bag. And, yes, it was on sale so I didn't have to feel too guilty when hitting 'place order.'

I also got a few beauty bits and bobs. I had never tried out the Tanya Burr lipgloss collection before-- every time I would go to purchase, the colors I wanted would be sold out. But when she came out with her new colors, I found a couple that I really wanted to try out (I Found Nemo and Enchanted Forest)... and was able to buy one of the ones I could never luck out and get before (Afternoon Tea). They are wonderful: smooth and not sticky at all, great pigmentation, and they smell amaaaazing. Probably the best smelling lip glosses I have ever had.

And because I had super dry skin-- year round, really, but especially now that it is winter-- I got a couple of things to help save my skin. The Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. It's exfoliating particles are so fine it feels like sand, so it is really gentle on my skin. And a couple of nights a week I have started using the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, which smells citrusy and fresh and really moisturizes my skin.

These buys helped keep the Christmas spirit alive for me just a little bit longer. Did any of you make after Christmas buys for yourself? What did you get? I, personally, may need to refrain from online shopping for a while now that the season is over!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM