January Favorites | 2015

10:00 AM


We are a month into 2015 and I have a feeling this is going to be my best year in beauty yet. I have been trying out some new products-- especially in the haircare and skincare categories. Many of them aren't ready to be called favorites yet, but I do have a few that I reach for often enough to share with you guys.

The first is the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish. This stuff is super gentle-- but really gets the job done. The exfoliant is so fine, like grains of sand, and just a pea size amount really works. Plus it just looks good sitting in your shower or on your counter. Another thing I bought myself for Christmas, along with the Face Polish, was a Tanya Burr lipgloss. Well, I bought a few, but I Found Nemo has been my absolute favorite of the three I got. It a slightly coral shade that smells amazing and feels great on the lips-- not too sticky but not too thin, either. It instantly brightens up my face when I wear it, which I really like.

Two hair products I've really been enjoying are the Sebastian Potion 9 styling cream and the Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment. I mean, obviously I love the Sebastian Potion 9-- look at how big that bottle is! I put this in my hair when it is wet to leave it feeling soft with lovely waves, and when it is dry to give it a textured beachy look that is still soft. When I don't use that, I used the Aveeno leave-in treatment. Since I got my balayage/ombre--it's kind of a mix between the two--done, my ends have occasionally been a little dry. This stuff really helps that: a few sprays and a comb through and my ends feel soft and moisturized.

My next favorite is a body wash and it smells so good. So good. It's the H20 Plus Sea Salt Body Wash. If you're a fan of earthier scents, like the Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt fragrance, you will love this. It lathers up great and, again, smells amaaaazing. I also have the lotion in this scent, which smells just as good but is a little too liquidy for me to love it. My last favorite is pretty new-- I just got it a few days ago-- but I am in love. It's the Sally Hansen Velvet Texture nail polish in Deluxe. It's a matte nail polish with a funny texture-- not quite velvet, but something different. This color is a deep, royal blue that is some lights looks a little teal and it is gorgeous! Some people report heavy chipping with this nail polish, but I've only found that with the other color I bought-- the black Velveteen polish. But I've been wearing it for three days and only a couple of nails have chipped.

Like I said, I've been trying out some new products and I hope a few of them make their way into February's favorites.

What products have been your favorites this month?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM