You Like Me? You Really Like Me? | Liebster Award

8:30 AM



The lovely Alice over at Most Ardently Alice-- seriously, best blog name ever-- has surprised me by nominating me for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is one given to bloggers by other bloggers in the hopes that it will help us all discover some wonderful new faces and places to get to know on the big ol' web. Here are the official rules:

Rules
01. Link back to the person that nominated you for the award.
02. You must write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
03. You also have to answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
04. After completing this, you should nominate 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and then give them 11 questions of your choice. However, you cannot nominate your nominator. 
05. You have to let your nominees know that they've been nominated and give them access to the link to find out more about the award.

Eleven Fact About Me
01. I have chronic migraines, meaning that (if untreated) I have what are politely called "headache days" more than fifteen days out of the month. Luckily I am on a couple of wonderful medications that have helped dwindle that number down to only a couple a month.

02. Because I went untreated for over a year-- hey, I don't like doctors, I can't help it-- I am now a super duper senior in college. But, because I have been there so long, I will be graduating in the spring with a degree in Professional Writing, a minor in Journalism and Public Relations and what they call a "specialization" in Communications. 

03. I can listen to any type of music. Not all of the time, of course, but I don't hate any genre.

04. I decided I wanted to be a writer after reading Resumé by Dorothy Parker in the fourth grade.

05. My first cat, Whiskers, appeared at my mailbox a few months after moving into the house I still I've in-- I was four at the time. She stayed with me until, literally, the last day of my freshman year of college when we sadly lost her.

06. If I read a book, it must stay in my bookshelf. Forever. As a trophy. Or something.

07. I wish I could be like these super organized, neat bloggers who take gorgeous pictures of their homes. But I my clothes are always on the floor and my cats are constantly knocking things on the floor. We'll get there one day.

08. Every so often, I buy a coloring book and spend the day coloring. Especially if it's a rainy day.

09. I make an awesome pan-seared salmon. I brag about it all of the time-- it's, like, the best thing I make.

10. I have super bad anxiety. Also, I have bipolar disorder. And I have very low vitamin D.

11. Because of #01 and #10, I have one of those weekly pill dispensers to help me remember to take all of my medications and vitamins. Ah, yeah, living the life right here.

Questions From Alice
01. Who is your favourite band/musical artist right now, and who was it as a kid? Always and forever-- David Bowie and Elton John. Currently, Sam Smith is always playing at least once a day. As a kid, I'll admit, there was a lot of Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys being played in my house.

02. What got you blogging in the first place? Blogging just seemed like the right fit-- I love writing, and I could write about other things I love? Why not? And now I finally feel as though I've gotten settled into blogging. I don't think I could do without it.

03. Do you have a favourite print clothes wise? Plaid. I can't help it. I'm still a child of the nineties at heart.

04. Got a girl crush? Who is the lucky lady? I have had a girl crush on Olivia Wilde since her days on The O.C.. And, of course, there is always Mila Kunis and Angelina Jolie.

05. Same goes for guys — who's got you hot under the collar? Colin O'Donoghue from Once Upon a Time. I just can't even. If he has dark hair, bright eyes and an accent-- I'm sold.

06. Favourite book? (I'll let you pick a handful!) Of course, the Harry Potter series is number one because it was such a huge part of my childhood. But I also really loved Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Girl by Blake Nelson... Oh, gosh. It would be crazy to list them all here, but I do have a GoodReads account where you can see what types of things I read. I always love seeing what other people like to read-- it inspire what books I buy.

07. What is your best childhood memory? Nothing specific, just hiking in the woods with friends and walking down the street to spend the night at my friend's house... Just the feeling that came with being a kid and that optimism and happiness.

08. If you could be doing anything career wise, what would it be? Wild and as wacky as you please? Is Meryl Streep a career? Because that.

09. What are your Top 5 most played songs on iTunes? I don't do iTunes, only Spotify for me! But according to last.fm:

10. I need to know, just what is your favourite Disney movie? Beauty and the Beast. Always.

11. Ideally, where do you see yourself in five years time? Writing for the Lifestyle section of a local newspaper-- maybe here, maybe not-- while still maintaining this (hopefully successful) blog on the side. And maybe even settling down with someone I love.

And For My Nominees...
01. What made you turn to blogging?
02. What was your favorite toy as a child?
03. If you were a Spice Girl, which one would you be?
04. You can travel to anywhere in the world, right now. Where do you want to go and why?
05. What is your favorite item of clothing?
06. Who has influenced your life the most?
07. You can have lunch with anyone, dead or alive. Who do you choose?
08. Share one of your favorite quotes.
09. How would you describe your home decor style?
10. Comfort or style?
11. Lastly... How are you today?

The Nominees Are...
Maggie at This Life
Loriana at It's Lol!
Sophie Louise Anne
Wander Bug

...And, obviously, I need to discover some more lesser known blogs and bloggers! If you are a blogger with fewer than 200 readers, please leave a comment below so I can check out your blog! Thank you Alice-- the blogging community is such a great and warm one and awards like this are proof of that. Remember to support your fellow bloggers. :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM