Rimmel Show Off (Apocalips) Lip Laquer

8:10 PM

Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in Luna
Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in Apocaliptic

This week is Lip Week on my little blog, and if there is one lip product that has been raved about since it hit shelves it is the Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer. This product was originally released under the name Apocalips in the UK-- and wasn't that a much cuter name? UK youtubers and bloggers absolutely loved this liquid lipstick, leaving us in the States jealous and foaming at the mouth until it was finally released exclusively in Walgreens stores this summer.

According to Walgreens' website the "rich color of a lipstick is enhanced by a smooth satin shine" and it "lasts all day." I would say that these statements are definitely true. The finish is a nice subtle shine-- I would honestly say it makes your lips look juicy. And they last on the lips amazingly well. Of course, it wears off faster with eating and drinking but the brighter colors almost stain your lips... Which lead me to an amazing discovery that I'll talk about at the end of this post.

I picked up two colors: Apocaliptic and Luna. Apocaliptic is a bright fuschia while Luna is a peachy nude that is perfect for every day wear. I had already opened these by the time I photographed them-- I was impatient-- but at the very top of the open tube there is a clear well. When the applicator is taken out, that well fills with product. This helps the customers because we can automatically tell if the product has been opened before we purchase it. The applicator itself is a doe foot applicator with an added bonus of a well in the center, meaning you shouldn't have to get more color from the tube.



And now for the swatches and a little discovery:


The first image is Luna, the second is Apocaliptic. Both are beautiful colors. The third picture is something I discovered after having Apocaliptic wear away throughout the day. I found that I didn't want to reapply the bright color and so I layered Luna on top of it and it resulted in a gorgeous blush color that I absolutely loved. So don't be afraid to play around with these colors and see what you can come up with yourself!

The Show Off Lip Laquers retail for $4.99 at Walgreens stores.

Have you tried out the Show Off Lip Laquers? What do you think? What are your favorite shades?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely colours, so pretty.
    Like your little discovery, it turned out so nice.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great colors and a wonderful lip laquer. It's always a good idea to play around with lip products-- you never know what kind of unique combination you'll fall in love with!

      -Bianca

      Delete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM