In Need of a Cold Shower.

12:36 PM

Source
No, this isn't a post about something hot and steamy... At least, not in the way you might think. We've been having a little bit of a heat wave where I live, with temperatures in the 90s and so much humidity. Pair that with the fact that my air conditioner is not working at the moment and you get one very grumpy me.

Now, my showers are usually very warm. Hot, even. Okay, let's be honest, my showers are usually scalding hot. Don't ask me why; I've just always enjoyed them that way. But today I decided to barely turn that hot water knob and turn the cold water to the max... And it was the most refreshing experience I think I've ever had.

A lot of you are probably thinking: What? A blog post about taking a shower? Yeah, it does seem a little silly. But I tried something new, something different. I can hear you again: It was just a shower! Who cares?

It was such a small and tiny thing to do differently in my routine, but it made such a huge difference in how my day went. It just struck me as important to remind myself-- and all of you-- that you don't have to do something adventurous to shake things up in your life a little. Changing some of the small stuff is important, too. So here are a few more things I plan to change about my routine. Maybe you would like to try them, too.


1. Stretching in the morning.
This seems like a no-brainer, right? You wake up and stretch to get your bones and muscles feeling lively. I don't do that. I wake up and roll out of bed and get my day started-- all while still feeling incredibly sleepy. Hopefully some morning stretches will wake me up and start my day off on a perkier note.

2. Paint my nails a different color each week.
Some of you probably already do this. I, however, suffer from chronic naked nails syndrome. I rarely paint my fingernails. It takes too long for them to dry, they chip within a day, and I always end up picking away at what's left. But I love the look of my nails when they are painted a pretty color! Plus there are the boxes full of nail polish I have lying around...

3. Wake up with the sunrise.
This one will be the most difficult for me. I am a night owl, so I like sleeping in-- really, really sleeping in. Until noon. But next month I have both classes and a new job starting, so I won't be able to sleep in like I would normally want to. I have less than a month to get my sleeping schedule to resemble that of a normal adults. I'll start next week, I promise.

What kind of small changes do you want to make in your life? What big changes?

--------------------

This blog post was written a few days ago. Yesterday and today have been amazingly lovely weather-wise, with temperatures in the seventies. It's expected to heat back up soon, though, so it looks like I'll be cooling down my showers again by the weekend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM