Influenster: The Glamour Look by Mary Kay Voxbox

9:54 PM



Six months after receiving my first (awesome) Voxbox from Influenster, I was informed I would be receiving the new Mary Kay Voxbox. This box provides five products to help you create a glamorous look. I've already tried and tested them, so I'll be reviewing each product as I go along. Let's get started!

The photo above shows the products still in their packaging, as well some little paper extras that came along with the box, including a catalog advertising some of their other products. I'm not sure if this was a full catalog or one made especially for the box, as it didn't seem to have a wide range of products like I would have expected. The products included in the box, as listed on the Influenster website, were:

I had high hopes for the Lash Love Lengthening mascara. The packaging was cute and the rubber brush looked like it could really grab your lashes and make them look amazing. It almost looked as though there were tiny little fibers in the formula, but I can't be sure about that. The bad news is that, when applied with the primer (I have yet to try it on it's own), it made my lashes look ridiculously clumpy and the formula took a long time to dry. It's doesn't get a total fail from me (the mascara is very dark and I like that), but it would get a D-.


This brush is nice, soft, and decently dense. I'm not a fan of using paddle-type brushes for my concealer, so I will be using this brush with cream eyeshadows. I also love that it is a very simple black and silver. I prefer my brushes to look this way (but I make an exception for a few).


I've used lash primers before and I am not a huge fan of them. They often make my lashes go clumpy when paired with mascara, a look that I do not like. At all. This lash primer was quite different from those I had tried back in the day. It was a thin, clear formula-- much like a clear mascara or brow gel. In fact, I'm not sure I wouldn't just use it for that purpose because it doesn't seem to do much for my lashes.


When I first swatched this product, I was completely unimpressed. It was very sheer and there wasn't much color. But when I used it on my eyes, it seemed nicely pigmented. It did take a couple of applications to make the color what I wanted it to be. It dried rather quickly to a powder-like feeling and was decently long-lasting. I didn't notice any creasing with the product, either.


The last product is a pink lipstick. I was the most impressed with this product initially. The packaging looks very high end. To open the lipstick, you must press down on the top of the tube. The product will pop out halfway and you need to pull it out the rest of the way. To close it, you need to inset the lipstick back up into the tube until you hear a clicking noise. As for the product, it is very creamy and very pigmented. It's almost too creamy-- if you apply it directly to your lips, you may find that you've applied to much. If you apply it and blot, it gives your lips a nice pouty look that I am in love with. This and the eyeshadow were probably my favorite products from the bunch.

Overall, this box had it's hits and misses. I would be interested in trying some more products from Mary Kay as I had never tried out any of their makeup prior to this. I would especially love to try their face makeup. 

Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM