Sephora Chic Week Haul

9:00 AM


The first week in April, those of us that shop at Sephora got a nice little surprise. I reached VIB status last year (thank you, Christmas shopping) and got a card in the mail about something called Chic Week. From March 29th until April 6th, or March 30th until April 5th for regular Beauty Insiders, you could get 15% off of any purchase. Lately I had been trying to use up makeup that I already owned so when I logged on to Sephora's website, I had absolutely no idea what to buy. But don't worry. I still managed to buy a couple of things. Read on to find out what I bought, ripe with pictures and all.



A while back I got a sample of NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Deauville and when I first tried it out I hated it. It is recommended for those with dry skin but I felt like it enhanced any flakiness I had and ultimately made my skin look worse. So I put it away and didn't use it for a while. But I have a new skin care regime that has really made my skin perk up and that made me decide to give this foundation another shot. I'm glad I did. It made my skin look gorgeous. It wasn't overly dewy but gave my skin a nice, natural glow-- and this time it sat flawlessly on my skin. I have a problem with foundations oxidizing on me but I didn't have that problem with this product. Finally I can see why everyone raves about this product.


I have been a fan of Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils ever since I got into high-end makeup. Once I tried it, I never went back to anything else. But when I saw people raving about how dark and black this new release (Perversion) is, I had trouble believing it. Zero seemed pretty dark to me. Then I saw xSparkage do a review and I kept seeing people rave about how dark this eyeliner was. Being a sucker for black eyeliner, I had to get it. Once again, I understand the hype.


In the above picture, Zero is on the left and Perversion on the right. I feel like you can definitely tell a difference between the two. Perversion is a much truer black. It also felt a lot creamier as I was swatching it. I'm excited to wear it soon and see how well the pigmentation lasts throughout the day.


This was just one of the free samples you can get when you order online, but I had been wanting to try it out for a while. The smell is very girly and sweet. It reeks (in a good way!) of Taylor Swift and I can honestly imagine that she wear this perfume herself. I'm not always a fan of sweet scents as they can sometimes turn me a bit sickly throughout the day, but we will see how this one works out.

I also received a couple of other samples (an Ojon Reparative Conditioner, I believe, and a Murad Neck Cream) but I'm not entirely sure if I will use those so I didn't want to feature them in this post. In a couple of weeks I might put up a post reviewing the products I've shown to demonstrate their color and longevity so be on the lookout for that. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions for my blog I would love to hear them! I'm just starting out and really want to know what people want to see and what they don't want to see.

Until next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM