REVIEW: NARS ALL DAY LUMINOUS WEIGHTLESS FOUNDATION

9:10 AM


The first time I used NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation––which, by the way, is a mouthful––was when it first came out a couple of years ago. At the time, I had incredibly dry skin that no amount of moisturizer could fix. I went through foundation after foundation, trying to find a formula that wouldn't emphasize my dry patches and would cover my rosacea.

At that time, this foundation was a hard pass. It not only emphasized my dry skin, it also left me looking like I had a ton of product on my face. It just sat on my skin, didn't blend well, and didn't cover my redness as well as I had hoped. One of the claims about this foundation was that you only needed one drop––or pump––to cover your entire face. That wasn't true for me then and it still isn't true for me now.

My skin is currently more on the combination or oily end of the spectrum. My go-to foundation is the Too Faced Born This Way formula, but because I've been breaking out so much lately I decided to try out some new formulas to see if my favorite foundation had betrayed me. I picked up the NARS foundation again and gave it a go. I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

It still took three pumps to cover my face, but it did mask the redness from both my rosacea and my breakouts. It looked a little too matte on my skin, despite claiming a natural finish, and made my cheeks––where is covered my redness––look a little ashy. It also emphasized texture on my skin. For instance, an allergic reaction had caused tiny little bumps to appear all over my face. While my Too Faced foundation made them appear smoother, the NARS foundation made them obvious. Same for my breakouts.

I will admit that other people I asked couldn't really tell a different in the appearance of my skin when I wore this foundation. But I could, and it left me feeling really self-conscious and uncomfortable. f you do try it out, make sure to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender as this foundation is prone to streak marks.

Bottom line, I'm still not a fan of this foundation––especially not for $48.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM