WHERE HAVE I BEEN? | AN UPDATE & AN ANNOUNCEMENT

8:33 AM


One of my goals for the year was to blog regularly, without any long or unexplained absences.

I failed. And here is my explanation.

I spent the month of March preparing for the launch of... my Etsy shop! My friend and I were working for a local boutique whose owner loved to go to estate sales and buy vintage items. She didn't want to sell them alongside her original designs, however, and wasn't comfortable with running her own online store. She had friends who were in similar situations: shop owners with a large vintage collection they wanted to get rid of, but didn't have the time to run another shop. 

That is how Wisps of Primrose was born. We take the vintage-- and sometimes handmade-- pieces, photograph and measure them, and put them up on the shop. When a piece sells, the original owner gets a cut of the profits. All of the pieces we sell were found or made locally in West Virginia, so every piece you buy is unique from the heart of Appalachia.

In addition to the Etsy shop, I've been working on my writing. I'm hoping to submit some short stories to literary magazines throughout the year, as well as work on my first book of poetry and my first full-length novel. It's a daunting task, but I'm excited to take it on and see what I can accomplish.

Basically... I'm back, y'all!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM