What I'm Loving | June 2015

11:48 AM

June Favorites




June is nearly over, which means it is time to share with you the products I have been loving this month. Usually there would be a ton of beauty items in a post like this-- after all, makeup was the foundation for this blog-- but lately I've been sticking to the same products. There are two new additions that I have really been enjoying lately: Nails Inc.'s Gel Effect polish in Porchester Square and Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst. The polish is long lasting and super shiny, and the gray-toned nude goes with everything and looks chic. The eye stick is a beautiful purple color and is super easy to apply. Just draw on some color and blend it out with a brush and-- voila-- you're done.

Mostly what I've been loving this month has to do with clothing and accessories. I made my first purchase from Kin Ship Goods-- not the sweater pictured, but a couple of t-shirts. This is a local company out of Charleston, West Virginia, that is also sold on sites like ModCloth. You also may have seen their fashions on shows like The Mindy Project. I've pretty much been living in their t-shirts; they are so soft and comfortable and have all kinds of cool prints. Of course, I love the WV shirts most of all.

I've also been living in shoes from Roxy. Their flip flops are cute and comfortable and you can wear them with just about anything. The same can actually be said about their slip-on shoes. I've even worn them to meetings because they add a casual but trendy flair to what is sometimes a boring outfit.

Accessories-wise, if it has a moon or raw stone, I want it. And I have been reliving my high school obsession with bracelets thanks to Pura Vida Bracelets. This site has simple but colorful bracelets that all seem to go nicely together to decorate your arms. And you're helping out by purchasing them! The bracelets themselves are made by artisans in Costa Rica, and there is even a section on the website that donates portions of specific bracelet sales to charitable organizations. 

My last favorite is Spotify. Yes, there is Tidal. Sure, Apple will have it's own streaming service soon. But I'll probably stick with Spotify. For the longest time I was listening to Greatest Hits albums from the classic rock era; that was what was on my phone, and I didn't like the randomness of Pandora-- or the ads. Spotify has helped me get into music again, and all genres of music at that. Whatever I am in the mood for, I can find and created playlists of.

Check back soon for one of those Spotify playlists I was talking about, and to see the next installment of The Spiritual Series.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM