Spring Trends 2014: Inspired by the Golden Globes

12:38 PM


I'll be the first to admit it: I am in denial. Here in West Virginia we definitely have at least eight more weeks of winter. But I am over it! The only good thing about winter is the fashion-- boots and oversized sweaters and scarves and leggings, leggings, leggings. I have officially turned into the adults in the sequel to Frosty the Snowman. I hate the snow.

To take my mind off of the fact that we are supposed to be on the receiving end of 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow morning-- by the way, my first day of classes for the spring semester-- I'm going to go over some of the trends I noticed at the 2014 Golden Gobes.


1. Matching your lipstick to your clothing.
Growing up, I was always taught that matching your makeup to your outfit was a no-no. But at the awards shows this season, a lot of things are getting thrown out the window (like Emma Thompson's shoes). I especially noticed this on Emma Watson (above) and Sandra Bullock, though Sandra's was only matched to a part of her colorblocked dress. At first I hated it-- kind of like Emma's outfit-- but after a few minutes I found myself absolutely loving it and wanting to try it out-- again, kind of like Emma's outfit.


2. Pregnancy.
I think this one has been around for a few years. Mark it down as one I won't be trying out for a while-- but damn do Olivia and Kerry rock those baby bumps.


3. Black and White.
And you can mark me down as ahead of my time. Or maybe I'm just boring. Either way, black and white was especially popular at this year's Golden Globes and I think the look is a classic staple to always have in your wardrobe. White tee's and black tee's, slouchy off-the-should black-and-white-striped tee's... There is actually a world of possibility in this neutral palette.


4. Not Giving a Fuck.
Most importantly, the biggest trend I have noticed this award season is celebrities not caring, and saying exactly what is on their minds. And I LOVE it! First you have Emma Thompson who is simply slaying it this season by saying and doing everything that is on every woman's mind. Then Cate Blanchett calls out Matthew Mc-however you spell it's speech for being completely nonsensical and running over on time. And let's not forget that an army of A-Lister's showed up to an award show that aired on the CW! Let's be honest, when does that happen?

Even if you don't take away any of the beauty or fashion trends from this season-- and why should you? you do you!-- try to use that last one. Trust me, it makes life so much better.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your last trend made me laugh out loud. I hope that one stays as a life long trend :)
    xx
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM