2013 Favorites: Beauty, Fashion and Other Goodies

8:35 PM


It has been a frustrating week here in West Virginia. First we were hit with the Polar Vortex, as so many across the nation were-- which means, of course, the heating system decided to completely fail. So it was very little sleep and a lot of space heaters and dripping water at my household. We made it through without any freezing pipes (a miracle!) only to be told Thursday evening that we could no longer use our water beyond flushing our toilets due to a chemical spill a few miles away. We still aren't able to use our water so, for now, it's sponge baths and dry shampoo for this gal.

But! And this is a big but! There are many things that have helped me stay looking like a halfway clean human being and many of those are listed right here in these 2013 Favorites. Not to mention my entertainment favorites, which have really helped to cheer my stinky ass up these past few days.

Onto the less TMI stuff...


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation / Make Up For Ever HD Foundation / Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer / Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Balm / Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara / Rimmel ScandalEyes Glam Mascara / Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil / Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder / HealthySexyHair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner / Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Black Cherry / L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in British Red / Simple Exfoliant / Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Pretty much my daily routine in a nutshell, but with a few rotating products. Of course, I am constantly testing out this and that, so there are changes, but these are the products that I always seem to go back to. They are tried and true and most of them are really affordable. In fact, I would say that one of my overall favorites for 2013 has just been drugstore products in general because they have been coming out with some amazing products-- and continue to do so in 2014!

Eye-Catching Rabbit Sweatshirt from Forever 21 / Biker Boots from Forever 21 / Beige Riding Boots with a Red Zipper Trim / Slouchy Beanies / Plaid Button-Ups / Vans Original Classic Authentic Shoes / Slouchy Blazers

I am obsessed with Forever 21 sweaters at the moment, as well as nice shoes. The two pairs of boots are not the exact ones I own but are very close; the Vans I do own and wear them with both skinnies and flares. They look best, in my opinion, with a dressier top, jacket, and flared jeans to give a dressed-up-but-still-casual rocker type of look. Olivia Wilde-ish, if you get my drift. If you couldn't guess from the majority of these items, I do like my dressy-grunge style.


Most of the shows I watch are guilty pleasures that I don't feel guilty about at all. I love Once Upon a Time-- Captain Swan all the way! Yes, I am a shipper and if you don't know what that means then you obviously aren't on Tumblr and are probably far more sane than I am. That fine gentlemen in the bottom row is the Captain of that equation. He plays the fine Captain Hook in OuAT. That wonderful drink of Irish is enough reason to watch the show. 

Of course, I have my books because I am a reader. 

And then there is HGTV. My newest obsession. I now want to renovate everything thanks to the Property Brothers and the Rebah Addict. Thanks, guys. Really.

xxx

I already have some favorites piling up for 2014 that I suspect you'll be seeing on this blog soon. Until then!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM