My 2014 Revolution... Maybe?

2:21 PM


I know, I know... Resolutions are so useless. We make them, we break them and the cycle continues. But the idea of a fresh start, a new year, a blank page is so inspiring that I cannot help myself. I must make resolutions. I have so many changes I want to make in my life, changes that I have been waiting for that elusive "right moment" to make. That right moment is now. These are small changes, but I think they will make a big impact on my life and my outlook... That is, if I keep them.

1. Update this blog more often.
It goes without saying that this blog could certainly use some TLC. I haven't
put the effort into it that I have wanted to, and I plan to change that in 2014.
And that leads to my next resolution...

2. Post a larger variety of stuff.
I know that my most popular posts tend to be beauty-related and I love makeup
and beauty, so of course there will still be many, many posts about that. But I
want to post more about ideas and inspiration and my life, home decor, style,
and things like that. I just want to blog like the wind... Free and spirited.
Or something like that. Basically I just want to be the Buffy Summers
of my blog. Because who doesn't want to be Buffy Summers?
(Hint: if you don't, you're wrong.)

Source
3. Write more.
This kind of goes with the previous two posts, but not exactly. I love writing.
Creative, creative nonfiction, poetry; it's what I have always wanted to do.
But lately I've lacked inspiration and time and just haven't put the effort into
it that I should have-- a common theme, here. So when an idea pops into
my head, I want to write it down instantly and keep those creative juices
flowing. ...Ew.

4. Read more.
I got plenty of notebooks for Christmas for the writing resolution; lucky for
me I also got a few books to read as well as a Kindle e-reader! I'm
definitely going to focus on reading more as it can be such an inspiration.

5. Be healthier.
Duh. This is kind of a given resolution, isn't it?

6. Make new friends.
I am a horrible, horrible introvert with nearly crippling anxiety and so I find it
incredibly difficult to make friends. In fact, I usually assume that people loathe
me unless they talk to me first or reassure me it isn't so. Not a good trait,
I know. In 2014, I want to try to face my fears and make new friends.
Because, really, how cute are these gals all facetiming and shiz?


7. Cherish my old friends.
Sometimes it is easy to forget to treasure those near to us. It's easy to let
friendships and acquaintance-ships (?) grow stale. I really want to nurture
those friendships and those -ships that aren't quite friends yet and make
them, like, super awesome.


I'm sure I'll add more resolutions as the new year dawns, but these are some that I feel will be really for me and my personal well-being, and will really enrich my life. Do you have any resolutions that you are making, or do you hate the whole idea?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM