What I Got for Christmas 2013

12:36 PM



This is one of those real love 'em or hate 'em type of posts. Some people think it's a bit bratty to post about the gifts you received for Christmas. I, however, am on the other side of things. I love these types of posts because I am absolutely nosy and love to see what interesting gifts everyone got. You honestly never realize some of the cute things that are out there until you see that someone else has received them as a gift. Plus, you can get some amazing ideas for what to spend some extra Christmas money on.

And, let's be real. I'm a college student working a part-time job. I don't get to do hauls often.


Since this is quite a beauty oriented blog, I'll post the beauty bits first. My family-- mainly the mumsy-- bought me the NARS blush in Sin, which is a gorgeous color for someone who doesn't like to have rosy cheeks, as well as a Clinique All About Eyes Primer in medium (to give my eyes a tawny wash of color) and a Lancome gift set that included an Art Liner-- love-- a Hypnose Drama mascara, and an eye makeup remover.


Some books that I cannot wait to get started on! Not pictured is a huge, huge, huge vintage volume of all of Shakespeare's works that was gifted to me by my best friend after I started to nerd out over his plays in our Shakespeare class this past semester.


Remember how I said I was obsessed with Haim? Mumsy did. And after my Kindle Fire was stolen at uni that past semester, she got me a new e-reader. I actually prefer it over the tablet. And some gift cards-- the Amazon ones will likely be used to by textbooks, sadly.


A Listography notebook-- a great calmer-- and a notebook for my creative writing. I also went out and bought myself a few other notebooks to have around-- one for my journal writing, and a couple of smaller ones for school lists and work lists. I'm a list person and I have to write things down to remember them quite a lot, so notebooks are my thing.


A couple of sweaters and matching beanies to go with them. The tan on has a long chiffon back that is gorgeous. I had also gotten this necklace on my birthday but it unfortunately broke and couldn't be fixed. I had worn it every day since I had gotten it, so I was gutted. My mom is a sweetheart and got me a new one.


Last and certainly not least, the best gift in the history of gifts: my very own record player. I have loved records since I was a child spending the summers with my grandparents playing them on their ginormous record player. But their smaller ones (so I could take one home from Illinois to West Virginia) didn't work, and new ones were so expensive. Luckily thanks to the rise in hipsters-- and, hey, do what you do!-- record players are being produced again and for reasonable prices. So, of course...


... I had to go out and expand my collection. I had some of my mom's old records (Frampton Comes Alive, anyone?), but I had to get some of my favorites. So there's a mix of Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Elton John, Billy Joel, Carly Simon, and Fleetwood Mac. I was searching hard for some Springsteen, but people must really like to hold on to their Boss albums. I can't blame them.

My favorite part of Christmas is buying for others. I really enjoy trying to find something that will put a smile on the faces of my family and friends. But I admit, I was spoiled this year. I loved each and every one of my gifts and am so thankful that I was able to receive them.

Here's hoping you all had a very wonderful Christmas and have a great new year! And, of course, feel free to share any of your favorite gifts in the comments! I'm like that old nosy neighbor. I wanna know what was under your tree.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM