My New HG Foundation: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation

3:53 PM



As a person with less-than-perfect skin, I am always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. For reference, I have redness from mild rosacea and acne scars on my cheeks and chin. My skin also is pretty unpredictable-- it can do from super dry to extremely oily in the T-zone in a week.

So you can see why I might have trouble finding foundations that work for me.

Like so many of us, I had heard rave reviews of the MAKE UP FOR EVER (did you know it was all capitalized? I didn't) HD foundation. I heard so many rave reviews, I finally decided to try it for myself. At $42 for 1.01 fluid ounces, it is a little on the expensive side but it is a gorgeous foundation that will make your skin look nearly flawless.


I bought color 118-Flesh, which Sephora says is "for light skin with beige undertones." I do have neutral undertones, despite my rosacea and always try to match that. The color is a little dark for my face and neck but matches with my chest and the rest of my body perfectly. I think the product matches MUFE's claims: I don't look like I'm wearing makeup, it has a very natural but glowing finish, and it is a pleasure to wear as it feels like I am wearing nothing at all.


The formula isn't too thick nor is it too liquidy. It thickens as it spreads and provides a light to medium coverage that is buildable. However, I leave it as a light, almost medium coverage and simply use a concealer to hide acne scars. If you have extremely oily skin, this foundation may be for you. I use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder all over my face and, with that, the foundation lasts five hours without getting oily and nearly twelve hours overall.

Pros:
Long-lasting
Good coverage
Wide range of colors
Looks natural

Cons:
Expensive
Not great for oily skin

Overall, I would recommend giving this foundation a try. It photographs gorgeously, as well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM