ELF Haul-- Photos, Swatches, and a Mini-Review!

11:00 AM


I can't lie-- I'm a elf fiend. elf (which stands for eyeslipsface) get a bad rep sometimes because their products are so cheap that people automatically think they are low-quality. I'm here to tell you that is a total lie, especially when it comes to their Studio line. Most of their products go for a dollar a pop. Those are the ones in the white packaging and, admittedly, they aren't always the best. But their Studio is an amazing value with sleek black packaging and a good quality product for only three dollars! That's not even the best part! I went to my local K-Mart and found a bin of elf products that were all less than a dollar. I couldn't pass up a deal like that. So if you've heard of elf but never tried it out, or if you've never heard of elf at all, continue reading to find out my thoughts-- complete with photos and swatches.


Yes, these elf Matte Lip Colors have already been used. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself and I had to try them out as soon as I got out of the store. Forgive me? I'm going to assume you said yes and go on telling you about the product. Coral is, of course, a coral lip color and it is very true to it's name-- the perfect mixture of pink and orange and is a great color for summer. Tea Rose is a dusty pink with a hint of lilac, and that little hint of lilac really makes the color unique. The formula is matte, which can sound pretty scary to people with dry lips (like mine). Amazingly, though, the lip pencils aren't very drying and with a gloss or a balm (perhaps an elf balm, which I'll review next?) they aren't drying at all. And the twist-up pencil allows for very controlled and precise application.


Did I mention lip balms? I think I did. These I got for thirty cents a piece at K-Mart and they were the perfect matches for the lip pencils I bought... I didn't even plan it. Mellow Melon looks like the inside of a watermelon. It's a nice, juicy-looking... well, melon color. Peaceful Pink is another dusty rose color that looks great paired with Tea Rose. These balms have an SPF of 15 and are my favorite formula. They aren't thin, but don't feel gloopy or sticky on the lips. But my favorite part is the smell. These balms smell like summertime! But if you hate the smell of tanning lotion, you won't like these. However, I am kind of obsessed with that smell so when I opened it I did a little happy dance.


As you can see, the colors are quite sheer. They are buildable to a degree but the more product you apply the stickier it seems to get. Mellow Melon, on top, is a bit brighter than Peaceful Pink (bottom). Both are nice for a quick, sheer wash of color on the lips.


The next product I picked up was from their dollar collection, which I think is titled 'Essentials,' but don't take my word for it. One of my favorite YouTube gurus is Gracie Francesca (uglyfaceofbeauty) and she raves about this product. I've been meaning to pick it up for ages but I always seem to forget! It's a dual-ended clear gel mascara and brow set. I'm super excited to try it out because my brows are pretty much like a forest.


Last, and kinda least, is a mini-eyelash curler. It was seventy-five cents so I got it. What is one to do with a mini-lash curler? Maybe I'll try it out on the outer corners of my lashes and see if it adds any drama that my regular curler doesn't. We'll see.

You can pick up elf cosmetics at eyeslipsface.com, or you can sometimes find them at your local Target and K-Mart stores. I have a few more products of theirs that I'll be reviewing in the near future, including blusher, bronzer, and an eyeshadow palette.

See you next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am also a elf junkie too! Love there stuff!
    http://punkerpixieforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM