My Nail Polish Obsessions: Spring/Summer 2012

8:00 AM


My name is Bianca and I am a former nail biter. It started when I was a child and lasted until well into high school-- and, truthfully, I still struggle with it today. When I get bored or nervous my fingers will gravitate towards my mouth and it takes a bit of effort to keep from biting. I tried everything from sheer willpower to spicy nail polishes that burn your tongue and still nothing worked! But I have been bite-free for months now, and my secret? Keeping my nails painted in pretty colors. And when you have to keep your nails painted all of the time... it can lead to a little, tiiiiny obsession. I'm not even going to show you all of my nail polishes, but here are a few that are perfect for this time of year.


Numero Uno: Shrimp On The Barbie from Spoiled by wet n' wild. These are nail polishes I started noticing at the beginning of the year, and at just a couple of dollars a pop I had (literally, had) to try them out. And I am so glad I did because I have found the prettiest color I've seen in a while. The base is a tangerine orange with a lovely twinge of pink. But what really makes this polish shine are the fine gold specks. It's such a unique color and it's so opaque that it takes me no time at all to do my nails.


This one I have had for years and I always gravitate to it during the summer. Passion Fruit by ORLY is a neon pink-- you can't even begin to tell how bright it is in this picture. It is fast-drying and dries to a completely matte finish. Throw a top coat over it, however, and it is the perfect color to wear with a summer tan.



This is another cheaper line that I've fallen in love with this Spring. Love Rocks is a nice, bright pink... almost a muted fuchsia. It doesn't matter if you have a tan or are the spitting image of Casper the Ghost (like I am), this color will look great and add a pop of color to whatever you are wearing this season.


See? I told you I was loving this brand. I am a huge fan of pastel purples and I have a pretty decent collection of them. This one, however, is my favorite. It is just a tad bit darker than most of the light purples I have tried and suits my skin tone so well. My only complaint is that this color, in particular, seems to streak a little when I apply it, especially near my nail bed. The color makes up for it in my opinion, though.


Essie. I absolutely adore Essie nail polishes and this is my second favorite polish by them (only topped by my favorite neutral nude, Case Study). As the name says, this polish is a turquoise color and it is gorgeous. It was made to be the perfect day at the beach color and that it is. There is only one other color I would rather wear near the water...


And that is Shower Together by China Glaze. In the picture it shows up as a true blue, but in person it has the slightest hint of green that turns it into a dark, deep aqua color. The shade itself is like the water that surrounds my fantasy island. Just looking at it makes me feel like I'm on vacation. And it looks even better on the toes... perfect for this flip-flop lover.


So here are all of the colors, in order. Prices range from $2.99 (for the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and Spoiled by wet n' wild) to five dollars for the China Glaze and ORLY and usually $7-8 for the Essie.

On an added note, I'm sorry for the ~two week hiatus, especially after I promised more activity on this blog. Unfortunately a friend of mine passed away in a car accident recently and I took some time to mourn and deal with that. Thanks for sticking with me.

Until next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ทดลองเล่นสล็อต pp เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ รูปแบบใหม่ อัพเดทปี2022 มีเกมให้เลือกเล่นเยอะแยะ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น คาสิโนสด pg slot บาคาร่าออนไลน์เกมยิงปลาซึ่งสามารถเล่นผ่านมือถือได้ทุกระบบ

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg soft ความสนุกใหม่ ของปี 2022 ที่จะทำให้คุณ ลืมทุกเกมส์ สล็อตออนไลน์ ที่เคยเล่นมา เพราะนี่ คือเกมส์ ที่มีความสมจริง และมีสีสัน ที่สวยงาม งดงาม กว่าเกมส์สล็อต ในแบบเดิมๆpg

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM