(ANOTHER) LIFE UPDATE

11:46 AM



It has been a hot minute since my last post. A two-month long minute, really, as my last post was at the beginning of June. Those two months have been an absolute whirlwind, though, which is why it has been next to impossible to find the time to sit down and post. In my last post (which you can read here), I mentioned how crazy April and May had been and it has not slowed down one bit. But I guess that is part of starting your own business: it's a constant hustle.

I'm getting used to the constant go-go-go of the entrepreneur life, though, and slowly finding a way to balance business, networking, friends, dating, home life and pursuing other creative passions of mine. This month I have been part of a local writing group and it has inspired me to (eventually) publish my first book of poems and essays. Writing, especially poetry, will always be my first love and I am excited to be focusing more of my time on it.

In August, I hope to balance creative writing with writing for this blog. I think that part of the reason I backed away from this blog for so long was because I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I felt a disconnect between who I am currently and how I present myself on this blog, as well as the content I blog about. No matter how many times I told myself to just write what I wanted to write, I still like I had to write about beauty. But, honestly, it's just not a big part of my life anymore.

So, in the next few months as you see me putting out more content, you may notice a shift in what I write about. There will be more posts about my personal life, about the challenges that stem from starting your own business, side projects and courting creativity, and about other aspects of my life such as my journey towards health as well as minimalism.

And there may be even bigger changes to come... We'll see. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM