SOUL GOALS FOR JUNE 2016

11:31 AM



What are Soul Goals?

Soul Goals is my (semi) regular feature where I set three monthly goals that I hope will enrich my life in some way. I think it is important to always be moving in a forward direction, trying new things and expanding my horizons. One of the best ways to do that is to set small tasks for myself which do just that.

A May Soul Goals Recap

Last month, one of my main goals was to read fifty pages before bed every single night. I'd say this one was a major fail. It's something I was doing at the beginning of the year, but as my life got busier and more hectic, I let it go. I still want to resume that nightly ritual, but it may have to wait until life settles down a bit.

The next two goals had to do with the fitness journey I am currently on. Drinking 100 ounces of water a day, though, proved to be pretty tough. I won't say it was a total fail, as I usually make it up to between 70 and 80 ounces each day, but I could definitely be doing better!

But one goal I totally succeeded at was exercising daily. I started out by doing evening walks-- a small step, but a step in the right direction. Then I added in weight training, alternating between arm and leg days. Previously, I had incorporated yoga into my routine three times a week. Now I do all of that, plus I get up early every morning to get in an extra walk before my day begins. I think those early morning walks by myself are my favorite. I listen to music, enjoy the sunshine and push myself to do a little more each time. It's a great way to start the day.

My Soul Goals for June

1. Journal. I want to take ten minutes each morning and evening to document my dreams, thoughts, actions, fear... All of it. I hope it will become a sort-of meditational experience for me and help me sort through some stuff that I don't usually talk about publicly.

2. Keep up with my blog. The past two months have been crazy-- which, I know, I say that all of the time, but this time it has been above and beyond. My friend and I officially filed for our business license and, throughout May, we were in the thick of a new campaign with a client and also laying the groundwork for our business. During that time, though, I came up with a flurry of new blog post ideas and I'm excited to share them with you!

3. Go out more-- alone. Tonight I am going to a poetry reading and I will only know one or two of the people there. To be honest, I have been freaking out about it all day. I don't go to things alone! But I keep seeing phrases today about stepping out of my comfort zone and how fortune and love reward the brave, so I'm going to hold myself to going. Ahh!

What are some of your goals for this month? Have you accomplished any of your goals recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM