What I'm Watching This Summer!

9:28 AM


Summer television, Netflix, and Hulu.

If it weren't for these three things, I would be missing out on a lot of wonderful TV shows and movies. So when summer hits and I have a little more free time than usual, I spend a lot of time glued to my computer screen catching up on everything I missed. I even have time to watch some TV shows as they air! Sometimes life is good, people.

And because I think some of the shows I've been watching are pretty amazing, I'm going to tell you what they are and why you should watch them. And you should watch them. But don't get this confused with my favorite shows and movies of all time... Those are other posts for other days. On with the list!

Source


Pretty Little Liars (Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABCFamily) and I have a love/hate relationship. If you don't know, the show centers around four girls (Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna) who start receiving suspicious messages from someone who calls themselves A after the funeral of their best friend, Alison. Is Alison A? Is she still alive? If she's not, who killed her and who is A? As soon as one question is answered, there are ten more to replace it. And that is why I sometimes hate the show. The storylines are far-fetched (but usually fabulous) and, c'mon, like I can resist a show with great makeup and hair.

Source
If you're on Tumblr, you know something about the two men in this picture. You've seen them in fan art, you've read about them in someone's fanfic drabble, or you've seen gifs from the show or a con. I had gone years without watching one single episode of Supernatural. Mostly because it was already five seasons in before I caught wind of how awesome it was. Then it was added to Netflix and I thought I would give it a shot.

It centers on Sam and Dean Winchester, demon (and other various monster) hunters. Dean is a little crass and bossy with a love for women and booze. His little brother Sam longs for a 'normal' life. I flew through the first two seasons, steadily watched seasons three and four, and have finally come to the end of season five. Each season brings a new and interesting storyline. Paired with the comedy (it is too funny-- literally, the comedy is amazing) and the feels (OH, THE FEELS)... It's just a damn good TV show. Plus there are a lot of guest stars from another fandom of mine... Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Source
'CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIIIIIREWOOOOORRRRRK!

I'm a Katy Perry fan. There, I said it. And when this documentary came out, I really wanted to see it... Just, by myself. Without young children. Or witnesses.

Luckily, it came out on Netflix recently and I got my chance! While most of the documentary focuses on her career and her music, a great deal of time is also dedicated to her relationship with Russell Brand. It's interesting to see the behind the scenes workings of a Hollywood relationship (and a little heartbreaking to see it fall apart). Seeing more about Katy's childhood and the beginning of her career are just as interesting, however.

xxx

Other things in my Netflix queue:
  • The Tudors
  • Young Adult
  • The Artist
  • Heathers
  • Tegan and Sara: Get Along
  • The West Wing
  • Classic Doctor Who
  • Scandal
  • ...And a hundred other shows and movies.
I have nearly 200 titles in my queue. As you can see, I'm pretty ambitious. 

Hope you enjoy some of these recommendations. Until next time!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM