Music Monday

12:09 PM


Over the past week, there have been three songs that I absolutely cannot stop listening to. Seriously, I have Spotify on my computer and can listen to loads of songs whenever I want, but I keep searching for these to the point where it's almost pathetic. So go and Spotify, youtube, iTunes... Whatever it is you do, go and do it and listen to these songs.

The first one is Princess of China by Coldplay ft. Rihanna. I'm a closet Coldplay fan, meaning that I think that the hype that surrounds them is completely annoying and they get overplayed on the radio to the point where my ears want to bleed... But I love listening to them. And when I heard they were teaming up with Rihanna (someone else I'm a closet fan of), I wondered  how in the hell that would work. But it worked and it worked beautifully. Their voices are so different but sound ah-mazing together, and it's just such an interesting song. I'mma have to go Spotify this one now.


The above photo actually has nothing to do with the band, but it fits perfectly with the song We Are Young by fun. When the song starts, the singer's voice reminds me of David Gray which turned me on (in a totally non-sexual way). The lyrics are witty but simple and so much fun. I hope this song doesn't hit it's prime too soon because it would be perfect for the summertime when you are driving around with friends.


I kept seeing people talk about this song all over the place but never gave it a listen until last week, and oh my gawd am I glad I finally did. It's such a chill and mellow song but with so much power, especially in the chorus. And when the woman's vocals start... Ugh, so gorgeous. I don't have words for how much I love this song right now. Again... Time for me to go Spotify Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye.

Until next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM