August Darlings (Favorites 2013)

9:49 AM


I know everyone says it, but it is hard to believe August is already over. And while I'm sad to see it go-- after all, my birthday was in August-- I'm ready for autumn. I'm ready for more coffee, cooler weather, sweaters, boots, and of course the makeup choices. But this post will show you the products I was loving in this last month of summer, a month that was excruciatingly summer-like and very, very hot.


The first product I was loving is an old favorite. So old, in fact, that is has sadly been discontinued. I purchased the Jemma Kidd Light as Air foundation (in Shade 03) because Tanya Burr raved about it so much and I fell in love with it. It is so highly pigmented that it covers all of the redness in my cheeks as well as any old scars, but so light in consistency that it doesn't sit heavy on the skin or look cakey. It has a very natural finish and worked for me both when my skin was extremely dry and now that it is more combination. You can still find some containers of this online if you give it a good search.

In my previous post I talked about my recent purchase of the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil. There isn't much you can say about eyebrow pencils, but this one has become a staple in my morning routine. It makes filling in my brows easy and quick while still looking natural.

Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, along with a couple of other products, has completely changed my skin. When I began using this product towards the beginning of the year, my skin was extremely dry. After using this every day for about a month, my skin has gone to a more normal type-- I even get a bit oily around my nose on occasion! But it hasn't taken my skin beyond that. It keeps it at a very healthy medium and is truly light. It sinks into the skin quickly which is important if you are in a hurry and need to put on your makeup right after applying.


Another purchase seen in my last post was the Laura Mercier translucent powder and it has now become a staple that I don't think I would be able to live without. It makes whatever makeup I am wearing last a few hours longer and makes my face look as smooth as porcelain. But it doesn't make me appear cakey or too powdered, nor does it make me appear completely matte. It lets the glow of whatever foundation I am wearing come through, and maybe adds a candlelit kind of glow itself. It's an expensive product, but if you can afford it, well worth the money.

I am not that much into nail art because I am lazy and my nails chip and it just seems like too much hassle. But now I can look like I put a little effort into my nail with only one coat of this Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Polka Dots. You need to use an opaque base underneath before applying this polish and, word of warning, it does not look like polka dots. Better yet, it looks like paint splatters. I think this polish was only $2.99 at my local drugstore so it is definitely worth picking up.


Earlier this year I had a pretty embarrassing acne breakout on my chin and right cheek. Now that they have cleared up I've been left with some scarring and this is the only concealer I trust to cover it and keep it covered all day. The package, really, says it all: Full Cover, Waterproof. It doesn't cake and it blends smoothly. What more could a girl ask for?


Of course, everybody and their mom knows about the Naked palettes-- and for good reason! They are amazing and versatile. But lately I've only been using a couple of colors from either one. If I am wanting I smokier daytime look, I reach for the original Naked palette and apply Naked all over my lid and run Buck through my crease, blending upward. If I am wanting a more 50's look, I reach for Naked 2. I apply Foxy all over my lid and Tease through my crease. For both looks I use Blackout, from the second palette, as a liner--for the second look, I'll wing it out a bit and pair it with a red lip.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my August Darlings! What have been your favorite products this month?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. PG88 เว็บตรงสล็อตออนไลน์ PG SLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ได้กลายเป็นทางเลือกที่ยิ่งใหญ่และน่าสนใจสำหรับนักพนันในยุคปัจจุบัน PG การเล่นสล็อตผ่านทางอินเทอร์เน็ตนั้นสะดวกสบายและเข้าถึงได้ทุกที่ทุกเวลา

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM