Ulta and Sephora Summer Haul

2:06 PM


I love hauls. They always inspire me to try something new or, at the very least, lust after something new. Also I can be a very nosy person, so I love to see what people are buying and trying. That's why I thought I would share with you the things I purchased this weekend on a naughty little excursion to Ulta and Sephora. Ready to dive in?

My first stop was Ulta. I stopped in to buy the NYX Avant Pop! Shadow palette in Nouveau Chic-- seriously, go check it out at your local Ulta because it is gorgeous-- but I have so many eyeshadow palettes lying around I decided to nix that purchase.

Ha, get it? NYX/nix? Anyway...

What I did end up purchasing were three lip products. The first was the Maybelline Colorblur matte lip pencil in Fast & Fuchsia. They had one left at my local target and it was opened up and smushed into the lid. Public service announcement: Don't do that. Just don't. It's rude. But Ulta came to my rescue and had this pretty bright pink color that is perfect for summer. I also got two NYX Soft Matte lip creams in Antwerp and Buenos Aires. Antwerp is a yellow-toned pink that what I would consider a bright neutral; it's a natural pink color that is a bright, but not too bright. Buenos Aires is a light coral color that picked up because it looked like a recent Anastasia liquid lipstick release.

And then I went to Sephora because my birthday is in two weeks and I wanted my gift. Also, I wanted to pick up the new Make Up For Ever UltraHD foundation. The regular HD foundation has been my go-to for years-- seriously, it is the only high-end foundation I have ever repurchased-- and I'm pretty disappointed they discontinued it. We'll see if this foundation lives up to its predecessor or if I'll be on the hunt for a new holy grail base.

I also picked up a couple of hair products from Bumble and Bumble because I have been outrageously lazy with my hair this summer. I wanted to find something that would let me continue this lazy streak but also look like I had tried at least a little bit. I have totally found it. The Don't Blow It (H)Air Styler is amazing and gave me beachy waves overnight with no frizz. The Surf Infusion spray is a sea salt spray that claims it will give me soft and shiny beach waves. I bought it for the mornings I can't be sussed to wash my hair but-- again-- still want to look like I tried a little. Hopefully it work as well as Don't Blow It did.

Of course, the NARS lip pencils I received for my birthday aren't bad. A wearable pink and a sophisticated red-- exactly what I needed to celebrate turning 26. (Wait, that's how old I am? Wow.)

What recent purchases have you made? Were they worth it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM