So You're Going to a Wedding...

10:59 AM


My best friend is getting married in a little over a week, which means the search is on for a great outfit. Should I have been thinking about this sooner? Probably, but I am a perpetual procrastinator.

There are less than ten days between now and her wedding and I am completely at a loss as to what to wear. Look, dressing up just hasn't been much of a thing in my life. My life is casual to the max. But in a few months, I'll have another best friend getting married-- and I'm sure there will only be more weddings to attend after that. It's kind of that single twenty-something curse: always the wedding guest, never the bride? Something like that.

I need some inspiration. I want something cute, classy and dressy but something not too expensive and maybe even something I can wear on a daily basis. (Hey, I'm paying back student loans. I need to spend wisely.) Off to Pinterest I go for some outfit inspiration-- and you're coming along.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

There are so many amazing wedding guest looks on Pinterest, it can be a little overwhelming. But it is definitely inspiring some outfit ideas in my head. I could go retro or I could pair a dressy top and gorgeous skirt-- or I could do both!

If you're going to a wedding this summer, I have a few tips:

  • Get your shit together in advance. Being silly like me and waiting until the last minute is just asking for a disaster.
  • Look for inspiration. You don't have to try and copy any of the outfits you see. Take elements you life from each one and see if they work together.
  • If you're on a budget, look for piece you can wear beyond the wedding. The skirts in the bottom two outfits look great in a dressy or a casual setting.
  • Don't worry. If you've been invited to the wedding, it's because the bride or the groom love you. They'll love you no matter what you wear-- with some common sense exceptions, of course.
Now it's time to browse ASOS and ModCloth to make some totally wise clothing purchases.

No, really.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM